Former Data Protection and Privacy Specialist; European Commission
EME Data Privacy Attorney, Monsanto Company (Confirmed)
Dan is a data protection and privacy specialist currently working as EME Data Privacy Attorney at Monsanto Company. Previous to his role, Dan worked for over 5 years as a data protection and privacy specialist at the European Commission, where he was responsible for assessing and revising the General Data Protection Regulation and leading the Commission’s privacy program management and privacy administration. As part of his role he was responsible for analysing and validating data processing notifications and designed and conducting Privacy Impact Assessment. During his time at the Commission Dan investigated complaints and complex breaches of personal information security and analysed global legislative and regulatory proposals on privacy, data security and technology issues.
- Privacy and Data Protection professional with over 8 years working experience in both Public and Private sector.
- Tailored educational background with LLM in Law and technology (Privacy and EU Data Protection specialization), MA in Humanities Computing (specialization in internet regulations and Cybercrime), LLB (specialization in Juridical Science).
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)-INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PRIVACY PROFESSIONALS (IAPP);
- Certified Privacy Professional Europe (CIPP|E)-INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PRIVACY PROFESSIONALS (IAPP);
- Certified Data Protection Officer and Data Protection Professional-European Institute for Public Administration (EIPA).